The Parliamentary Forum on SALW was founded in 1999 by parliamentary initiatives to create a platform for greater action on SALW. Officially constituted in the Spanish Parliament in 2002, today the Forum is the only global network of parliamentarians specifically dedicated to matters of arms control and violence prevention.
The mission of the organization is to support parliamentarians in their small arms related work, contributing to the advancement of the small arms agenda, and providing a space for parliamentarians to meet and join forces with other stakeholders and actors, such as civil society organizations.
Founded as an initiative by parliamentarians from Central America and Europe, the Forum today unites parliamentarians from various political fractions in Latin America, Africa and Europe.
Click on the drop down menue for more information on; why Small Arms matter, the board and the members.
- Swedish International Development Cooperation Agency (Sida)
- The Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Cooperation (MAEC), Spain
- UN Trust Facility Supporting Cooperation on Arms Regulation (UNSCAR)
- Folke Bernadotte’s Memorial Fund, Sweden
- International Campaign to Ban Landmines - Cluster Munition Coalition (ICBL-CMC)